There are permitting and licensing procedures that must be followed during Inauguration Week. Please check back for additional information on permitting and licensing information.
Tour Bus Permit
- Buses parking in Washington, DC on Inauguration day, January 20, require a permit.
Buses include transit and commuter buses, chart and tour buses, school buses, church buses, airport and hotel buses, and cutaways and large vans -- any passenger transport vehicle designed to seat 16 or more including the driver.
- Learn more about tour bus parking.
Inauguration Week Alcoholic Beverage Extension Registration
- Learn complete details on Inauguration Week Alcoholic Beverage Extension Registration.
Temporary Vending License
- Temporary inaugural vending licenses allow vendors to sell food and merchandise from designated public space areas in Washington, DC.
- For more information on vending, select here for the application and here for a general fact sheet.
Demonstrations or Gatherings
- The Washington, DC, Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) views the protection of First Amendment rights as one of the most important responsibilities of the department. To ensure a safe and smooth Inauguration Week, MPD encourages you to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations, including permitting requirements, for any demonstrations or gatherings.
- The US National Park Police manages First Amendment rights on the National Mall and other federal property.