For a map with specific information about the Women's March on Washington, please visit the organizer's website.
The Metropolitan Police Department and the Department of Transportation would like to inform the public of street closures in conjunction with the Women’s March on Washington, scheduled for January 21, 2017.
The following streets will be closed starting at 3 am on Saturday, January 21, 2017, and will re-open at approximately 6:00 pm; or when safe to do so.
- 3rd Street, NW, from Constitution Avenue, NW, to C Street SW
- Independence Avenue, SW, from First Street, SW, to 6th Street, SW
- Maryland Avenue, SW, from First Street, SW, to Independence Avenue, SW
- 4th Street, NW, from Constitution Avenue, NW, to C Street, SW
Additionally, at approximately 1 pm there will be rolling street closures along the march route:
- West on Independence Avenue, SW, from 3rd Street, SW, to 14th Street, SW
- North on 14th Street, SW, to Constitution Avenue, NW,
- West on Constitution Avenue, NW, to 17th Street, NW, where the group will disband.
Motorists traveling in the area of this event may experience delays and should consider alternative routes, if possible. The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation would like to remind motorists to pay full attention whenever operating any motor vehicle and to be mindful of heavy pedestrian traffic that may be associated with special events. These street closings are subject to change without notice based upon unanticipated events and prevailing conditions.
For maps of the parking restrictions and street closures by location, please visit the following pages:
- Red Zone – Vehicle Restrict Zone – January 18 through January 23
- Green Zone – Vehicle Restricted Zone – January 19 through January 21
- Vehicle Restricted Zones – January 19 through January 22
- National Cathedral – January 21
Reunification services are available at RFK stadium (2400 East Capitol Street, SE) and will operate Saturday, January 21, until 8 pm.
Washington, DC will open a warming site at Eastern Senior High School (700 East Capitol Street, NE) for temporary relief from exhaustion or inclement weather conditions Saturday, January 21, until 8 pm.
Information for Persons with Disabilities and/or Access and Functional Needs
The following quick guides provide important information for persons with disabilities and/or access and functional needs: