Parking restrictions and street closures begin early on Thursday, January 19, and will be scheduled as follows:
- 1 am – Parking restrictions begin surrounding Union Station.
- 3 am – Temporary street closures begin for the Red Zone and continue throughout the day. Some closures, particularly adjacent to Pennsylvania Avenue, may be continue throughout the rest of Inauguration Week. Pennsylvania Avenue will not be available for east/west traffic for the majority of the day, but traffic will be allowed to traverse across Pennsylvania Avenue for as long as possible, provided work related to the inaugural events is not being conducted in the area.
- 5 am – Street closures begin surrounding the Lincoln Memorial and remain in effect until approximately 7 pm.
- 6 am – No parking restrictions begin surrounding the Washington Convention Center.
- 7 am – No parking restrictions begin for the Green Zone.
- 10 am – Constitution Ave. between 23rd St and 17th closes to all traffic and will remain closed until approximately 7 pm.
- 2 pm – Street closures around Union Station begin and remain in effect until approximately 11 pm.
- 5 pm – Initial street closures around Capitol Hill begin.
- 11 pm – The bulk of the street closures around Capitol Hill begin.
For maps of the parking restrictions and street closures by location, please visit the following pages:
- Red Zone – Vehicle Restricted Zone – January 18 through January 23
- Green Zone – Vehicle Restricted Zone – January 19 through January 21
- Lincoln Memorial Event – January 18 and January 19
- Vehicle Restricted Zones – January 19 through January 22
- Capitol Hill – January 19 and January 20
- Washington Convention Center Event – January 19 and January 20
- Union Station Event - January 19