Metro/Bus and Rail
Metro is preparing to be the transportation mode of choice for hundreds of thousands of visitors on Inauguration Day 2013.
- Inauguration Day Metro Rider Guide [PDF]
- Metrorail System Map on Inauguration Day [PDF]
- Walking Map of Downtown DC [PDF]
On Inauguration Day:
- Metrorail will open at 4 am and close at 2 am.
- Metrorail will provide 17 consecutive hours of rush-hour service -- from 4 am until 9 pm. Peak fares will be in effect during that time.
- Normal weekday parking rates will apply at Metrorail parking facilities. Parking fees will be charged as you exit the garage and may be paid by SmarTrip® or credit card.
- Metrobus will operate weekday rush hour service in the morning, followed by an early rush hour in the afternoon. Many routes will operate on detours due to Inaugural events.
- MetroAccess will operate identical hours to Metrorail and Metrobus. MetroAccess customers are encouraged to plan extra time due to increased traffic throughout the service area.