On Inauguration Day, Friday, January 20, MetroAccess service will be adjusted:
- MetroAccess paratransit service for customers with disabilities will operate identical hours to rail and bus schedules.
- MetroAccess customers are encouraged to plan extra time to travel due to increased traffic throughout the service area. Due to road closures, MetroAccess vehicles will only be able to drop off customers several blocks from the National Mall and parade route.
- MetroAccess vehicles will not be permitted access to streets that are closed. All MetroAccess users should be prepared for detours and extended travel times.
- Metro has approximately 60,000 parking spaces in 29 lots and 22 garages throughout the Washington region for private motorists to park on Inauguration Day. Many of these facilities are located near major highways, such as I-95/I-495 (Capital Beltway).
- Tour buses are not permitted to park at Metro stations or use Metro bus facilities or roadways. Follow tour bus instructions on dc.gov.
- Regular weekday parking rates will be charged as you exit the garage and may be paid by credit card.
- Parking facilities at Metro stations may reach capacity early on Inauguration Day. Have a backup plan in the event that your selected parking facility is full.
Metro's website is wmata.com. For important real-time updates regarding Metro service and parking availability, follow @wmata, @metrorailinfo and @metrobusinfo, and sign up for Metro Inauguration Alerts by texting POTUS to 90360. For Metro travel information by phone, call (202) 637-7000 [TTY (202) 962-2033].